Health Benefits of Yoga
You have already heard it that yoga is good for you but the question is why is it good for you?
There are many health benefits associated with yoga that our doctors have found and strongly recommend it to everyone out there. Below is some of the benefits our doctors have found that come with practicing yoga.
1. Flexibility - this will help bring greater range of motion to your muscles and joints.
2. Strength - by holding many of the poses with your own body weight, you will become stronger.
3. Muscle Tone - look better as yoga helps tone those flabby areas.
4. Pain prevention - having increased flexibility and strength helps reduce pain. Yoga also improves alignment which prevents pain.
5. Better Breathing - proper breathing helps clear nasal passages and calms central nervous system.
6. Mental Calmness - Yoga shows you meditation techniques, such as watching how you breathe and disengagement from your thoughts, which help calm the mind.
7. Stress Reduction - Physical activity is good for relieving stress, and this is particularly true of yoga. Because of the concentration required, your daily troubles, both large and small, seem to melt away during the time you are doing yoga.
8. Body Awareness - Doing yoga will give you an increased awareness of your own body. Your posture will improve because of this and you will find yourself with greater self-confidence.